In an effort to extend its reach in supporting Nordic sport athletes, the National Nordic Foundation Board of Directors has approved the NNF National Development Project, a new funding program aimed at improving American skiing through clubs, camps, and coaches and officials education. “It was an easy vote,” explained board chair, Dave Knoop. “This gets to the heart of where skiing happens and reaches more kids and more programs.” The grants, proposed by NNF Board Member, Joey Caterinichio, are aimed at connecting with a broader community not currently reached by the NNF’s Pillar Projects.
Some $26,500, will be applied towards the National Development Project in 2016. This funding includes support for National Elite Group and National Training Group camps, Junior National Divisions, and Regional Elite Group Camps. “These are programs that help develop athletes from the ground up.” described NNF executive director, James Southam. “It’s where all our athletes get their start.”
Furthermore, the NNF is launching two grant programs to allow the dispensation of funds through an application process opening on April 15, 2016. For the first time unrestricted NNF Club grants of $500 are available to any ski program seeking to improve its resources for 2016. Similarly, education grants ranging from $250 to $1000 for officials and coaches will become available through a separate application process also opening on April 15, 2016.
“Skiers have nothing without good events and this is a much needed area in our country that needs support. The goal of the official grants is to broaden the base of people supporting skiing.” Caterinichio described. The coaches education grants will be available for those seeking professional development support through course work or continuing education.
The $26,500 NNF Community Allocation includes:
- 5 Club Grants of $500.00 each available through applications for a total of $2,500.00
- Increased funding support for the NEG / NTG camps. Total $3,000
- Increased support to the REG $1000.00 to each region. Total $4,000.00
- $1000.00 to each Divisional Junior National Team to help fund coaches and team. Total: $10,000
- Educational Grants: 10 Coaches Educational Grants of $250.00. Available for course work, education programs and certification for coaches. Total $2500.00
- Funding grants available Regions hosting educational seminars to Organizing Committees and Technical Delegates in support of stronger events. Total: $2500.00
For more news, subscribe to the NNF email newsletter (firstname.lastname@example.org) or log into www.nationalnordicfoundation.org.
buy albuterol inhaler,buy combigan online,buy chantix,buy voltaren gel online