Position Opening: High Performance Coach – Alberta World Cup Academy
The Alberta World Cup Academy (AWCA) has a current opening for a High Performance Coach for the 2016/17 training year.
As a designated NTDC, the Academy is part of Cross Country Canada’s national network of training centres and has the status of an “A+B” centre. This full-time position will be part of the team assisting athletes achieve their full racing potential, ranging from junior and U23 level athletes to those athletes ready for selection to the NST and WC team.
The AWCA has an 8-year track record of helping athletes obtaining placement on the NST and the WC, WSC and OWG teams. The recent completion of a very successful Ski Tour Canada showcased numerous AWCA athletes performing on the world stage. The Academy is committed to continuing to be the place where our athletes get the very best so that they can be the very best.
Located in Canmore, Alberta, the High Performance Coach is expected to:
- Have a level of experience and expertise commensurate with the level of athlete training at the AWCA;
- Preference will be given to coaches who have a Level 4 designation, but applications from coaches with a Level 3 designation will also be considered;
- Superior expertise in all relevant technical aspects of our sport (race support, YTP development, wax/ski knowledge, etc.);
- A track record of proven success as a High Performance Coach;
- Alberta Class 4 driver’s license (or ability to obtain such in first month on the job).
Expected start date is April 15, 2016.
All interested applicants are requested to send their resume to:
Norbert Meier, President, Alberta World Cup Society
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for application is March 31, 2016.