U.S. Biathlon Talent Identification Camp
Olympic Training Center – Lake Placid, New York
Arrival: June 19th – camp starts on Monday June 20th at 8:00 AM
Departure: June 23rd – camp ends June 23rd at 11:00 AM
US Biathlon is looking for talented endurance athletes who are interested in becoming world-class competitors. The talent identification camp will help us evaluate your stage in this journey.
– Physical tests, e.g. uphill run, 30 meter test
– Strength tests and flexibility screening
– Roller ski technique training with World Cup athletes Lowell Bailey, Susan Dunklee, Tim Burke, and Olympic Champion Andrea Henkel Burke
– Shooting drills and precision test
– Question and answer sessions with World Cup athletes Lowell Bailey, Susan Dunklee, Tim Burke, and Olympic Champion Andrea Henkel Burke
– Final running Biathlon competition running at the Olympic Biathlon venue Mt van Hoevenberg
– Gear for indoor and outdoor sport
– Gym shoes
– Running shoes
– Roller skis, ski boots, poles
– Writing material
Applications: please fill out the attached application form and email it to US Biathlon Chief of Sport Bernd Eisenbichler by May 5th: firstname.lastname@example.org
Invitations: will go out latest by May 15th
Travel: Applicants are responsible for their own travel. Those arriving by air should plan to arrive in Albany, NY.
Housing & Meals: The camp will take place at the Olympic Training Center in Lake Placid, NY. Meals and lodging will be provided there free of charge.