Soldier Hollow is seeking to hire a year-round Head Coach to oversee Team Soldier Hollow, a club program serving youth skiers in Midway & Heber Valley, Utah. Team Soldier Hollow is based out of the 2002 Olympic and Paralympic Nordic Venue and offers youth programs from the entry level Youth League, to the Development and Competition Teams.
The position involves overseeing the skiing program, instruction & support of coaches at all levels, offering year-round coaching and support to all Comp Team athletes, including making training plans, and practices 4-6 days per week. Additionally, the position involves organizing and leading a few training camp trips in the summer/fall, as well as all Junior National qualifiers trips around the IMD USSA region.
- Conduct safe, fun and developmentally appropriate practices for the Comp Team (high school age athletes)
- Write and execute training plans for the Comp Team athletes
- Work with parent volunteers and assistant coaches who will assist in practices and at races
- Communicate effectively with athletes and families by email, phone and via website regarding schedule and upcoming events
- Plan and attend out of town races, camps and overnight trips with the Comp and Devo Teams
- Provide race support including waxing at races
- Assist in hosting events at Soldier Hollow year-round, and other supportive roles that won’t interfere with primary coaching responsibilities
- Assist in Team Soldier Hollow fundraisers over the course of the season
Ideal candidate will have junior & collegiate (or better) ski racing experience. Previous coaching experience is desired but not required. USSA coaches license & Level 100 coaches certification is required before the start of the ski season.
Please contact Soldier Hollow Sport Programs Director, Scott Peterson for any questions or more information at 435-640-3084 or email@example.com