The National Team Development Centre Thunder Bay is seeking a Ski Technician for the 2017-2018 Season. This position is a support role in a dynamic high-performance service team committed to delivering international level race service and further develop
Canada’s future Olympians.
Term: December 2017-March 2018
These include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in all aspects of competition preparation and race day service
- Assist athletes with ski selection, general ski preparation, wax testing
- Perform ski equipment maintenance
- Provide race assistance to support athletes during competition, including time splits, feeds and equipment replacement
- Managing movement of equipment and other logistics
- Manage and track wax inventory
- Ability to communicate effectively, respectfully and professional with coaching
staff, athletes and volunteers.
- Good knowledge of current wax technologies, and application methods
- Ability to work as a team member and focus on team goals
- Strong in both skate and classic technique in order to test skis and waxes adequately
- High level of fitness to maintain pace and consistency with testing protocols
- Good understanding of ski technologies and knowledge of manufacturers design specifications
Remuneration based on per day rate: negotiable based on experience.
Please send a résumé, cover letter and references by September 25, 2017 to: email@example.com