The Bend Endurance Academy has an immediate opening for the Nordic Program Director position located in beautiful Bend, Oregon. This position is primarily responsible for coordinating and supervising all aspects of our growing Nordic Program and supports the general operations of the organization.
The Bend Endurance Academy is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization with a mission to promote healthy living through active, outdoor experiences. We emphasize teamwork, personal growth and community responsibility. The Academy currently features development programs for youth and juniors in Rock Climbing, Cycling and youth, juniors and adults in Nordic Skiing. Since 2009, we have been teaching kids core values that will serve them throughout their lives including perseverance, resilience, confidence, and respect for the environment. We teach kids the joys of endurance sports.
The Bend Endurance Academy Nordic Program is a member club of the United States Ski Association (USSA) and a member of the Pacific Northwest Ski Association (PNSA). We are one of the largest clubs in the region. While we cater to myriad ages and abilities, all programs are centered on exploration, self-discovery and social interaction. From introductory skill development to competition based training, the Nordic team strives to instill a love of being active.
We offer the following Nordic programs:
- Mini Nordies: Ages 4-6
- Youth Program: Ages 7-11
- Development Program: Ages 11-14
- Competition Program: Ages 14+
- Masters Programs: Adults
- Trips and Camps
- School Partnership Programs: REALMS, Montessori Center, Cascades Academy
Position Summary: The primary duties of this position include designing and implementing a structure that fits the needs of the Nordic community, delivering a product true to mission, and supporting staff to provide a safe and fun environment for learning. The Nordic Director will manage and develop a staff of Head Coaches for our Competition, Development and Youth Nordic programs and help oversee their management of assistant coaches.
- Develop and implement all aspects of youth Nordic programs for beginner, intermediate, and competition level athletes.
- Provide opportunities to engage Bend Endurance Academy athletes in community events to promote personal growth and instill a sense of responsibility to the community.
- Provide input in planning and business development for the organization.
- Assist in the development of organizational goals and objectives consistent with the mission and vision of the organization.
- Develop and monitor annual budget, ensuring targets are consistently met.
- Work with Academy staff to develop and implement fundraising strategies and events to support the Nordic Program and the organization.
- Design and implement developmentally appropriate training programs and competition strategies.
- Organize and conduct races, events, trips, and travel to camps and competitions.
- Hire and supervise paid and volunteer coaches.
- Train and support paid and volunteer coaches.
- Bachelor degree in related field
- Extensive technical knowledge and passion for Nordic skiing and XC racing
- 3-5 years of experience in program management, Nordic coaching, supervising employees
- Proven ability to positively inspire athletes of all ages and skill levels
- Ability to work as part of a team and be productive when unsupervised
- Proven organizational, communication, computer and writing skills
- Clean motor vehicle record
- Completion of background screening
- Ability to travel
Compensation: $40,000 – $43,000 annually. This position is full time, year-round, salaried, and exempt from overtime.
For confidential consideration, submit a cover letter and resume to Sandy Visnack, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a complete job description and more information about the Bend Endurance Academy, please visit www.bendenduranceacademy.org.