Casper Mountain Outdoor Center – Nordic Coach
Casper Mountain Biathlon and Nordic Club is seeking a dedicated Nordic Coach to lead the U8-U20 junior Nordic competition program. We are looking for a dynamic individual to motivate, educate, and provide direction to athletes/members of the CMBC Biathlon and Nordic Program.
Applicant must have practical knowledge of current cross-country techniques and training methods. Must have proficiency with wax selection and application, an aptitude for equipment repair and selection, working knowledge of video equipment, and some basic computer skills. Good communication skills a must. Current USSA coaching license, biathlon experience a plus but not required.
- Contribute to a positive and motivating environment to foster a lifelong love for the sport of Nordic skiing.
- Work to support the vision, mission and philosophy of CMBC
- Instruct athletes training in Year Round and Winter U8-U20 competition team.
- Help design schedules and training programs
- Assist Director with organization and execution of CMBC races
- Support staff and racers at local races
- Attend various staff/program meetings
- Conduct team meetings, communicate via text, phone and email to athletes and parents regarding training plans/schedules
- Conduct Athlete Performance testing
- Help develop program information and promotional materials
- Assist Admin by updating website calendar and social media with program
- related schedules and information.
Drive team van for daily practice and race/camp travel
- Assist with CMBC fundraising and outreach events
- Assist with Masters and Development programs during Summer and Fall (training center operations and maintenance work may be used to fill in hour shortages in Nordic program duties during the summer and fall.)
- Help to maintain the integrity of the CMBC Nordic/Biathlon as well as other programs and activities of CMBC.
- 3 or more years of coaching experience preferred
- Biathlon experience a plus
- Driver’s license – clean record
- CPR/First Aid
- Minimum Level 1 US Ski and Snowboard Cross Country Certification Position: Part Time 20-25 hours per week. June – Nov 25-30 hours per week. Dec. – April Wage negotiable based on experience
Please send letter of interest and resume to CMBC Hiring Committee: