The Bogus Basin Nordic Team (BBNT) in Boise, ID is seeking a full-time Head Coach / Program Director. The person in this position is the top individual within the Nordic Team structure. He or she is responsible for the oversight and management of the program including progress toward established program goals.
The Bogus Basin Nordic Team is part of the Intermountain Division, and is a year-round, competitive cross-country ski program focused on helping its members to achieve their athletic goals These goals range from having fun with friends to success at an international level. BBNT is a non-profit ski team for athletes in 3rd through 12th grades in Boise, ID. The program, now in its 30th year, provides opportunities for skiers of all abilities with the intention of creating lifetime athletes.
The Bogus Basin Nordic Team is comprised of three age groups, totaling over 100 athletes for the past two years:
- Youth Rec: Elementary-aged skiers (3rd-6th grade) who wish to learn how to Nordic ski, improve their skills, or simply stay active through the winter.
- Devo: The “Development” program is offered to athletes of all abilities in 5th through 12th grade.
- Comp: High school skiers who have a wide range of abilities, goals, and aspirations.
Essential Duties, but not limited to:
- Responsible for all team members with emphasis on Comp level athletes; work with head Devo and Youth Rec coaches to oversee training for all age groups.
- Contribute to a positive environment to foster a lifelong love for the sport of Nordic skiing.
- Foster an inclusive and cohesive team dynamic among athletes and coaches.
- Report to the BBNT Board of Directors at monthly board meetings.
- Participate in budgeting process with Board, provide timely and accurate accounting of team-related expenses, and adhere to approved budget.
- Responsible for internal and external marketing communications (to the press, website, team blog).
- Responsible for providing website updates and social media updates.
- Support various administrative duties to include payroll and invoice management.
- Generate timely and clear communication with team members and their parents, including weekly emails regarding training location, schedule, and priorities for each age group.
- Develop and manage weekly, monthly, and annual training schedules and plans for all BBNT athletes.
- Oversee waxing equipment, ski team equipment and team rental gear.
- Assist with BBNT fundraising and outreach events.
- Responsible for the coordination of all aspects of JNQ, and other race weekends including race entries, waxing, coaches, athlete management, transportation.
- Attend Junior Nationals / U.S. Nationals as part of BBNT staff.
- Responsible for supervision, leadership, training, hiring and firing, of the coaching staff.
- Conduct, manage, and/or facilitate dry-land training sessions, training camps, summer programs, and winter ski training sessions.
- Assist with the planning and management of the Refuski Program in coordination with the Refuski Coordinator.
• Maintain BBNT status as an official Para Nordic Club and provide coaching to para athletes.
- Competitive race experience with extensive knowledge of classic and skate technique
- 3 or more years of coaching experience preferred
- Driver’s license – clean record; experience towing a trailer helpful
- CPR/First Aid certification
- Minimum Level 100 USSA Cross Country Certification
- Salary range: $ 45,000 – 50,000. Compensation DOE
- The preferred candidate will begin in May of 2020 to facilitate summer programs / training.
Email resume, cover letter, and contact information for two professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org, attention: Mike Wendel
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Prior to a final offer, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background check including, but not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, SafeSport certification and criminal background check.
BBNT offers equal treatment to all applicants. BBNT prohibits discrimination, directly or indirectly, on the basis of race, gender, color, national origin, religion, marital status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.