The 40th annual UP Health System Great Bear Chase is almost here! Conditions are looking great, with the Calumet area having over 250 inches of snow this season, awesome trails and great temperatures leading up to Saturday, March 7th.
Online registration will be open until 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, March 4. Last-minute registration will also be available at the Calumet High School from 4-8:30 p.m. on Friday, March 6. Registration will not be accepted on race day. Save money by registering before prices increase at 11:59pm on March 1st.
To register now, visit here
2020 Great Bear Chase Race Details
Before you hang up your skis for the season, consider joining over 800 skiers by participating in one of the last ski events of the year. The Great Bear Chase has earned a reputation as a laid-back, skier- orientated weekend that allows skiers of all experience levels to finish their season with a high-quality event. Some highlights of this year’s race include:
- The 2020 Great Bear Chase will feature seven races: 50 km Skiathlon, freestyle and classic 50 km, 25 km and 10 km races.
- Unique race – the 50km Skiathlon features a combined competition of 25 km of classic skiing
followed by 25 km of freestyle skiing. The Great Bear Chase 50km Skiathlon is part of the CXC
- Handcrafted awards – a tremendous amount of time and effort has gone into the creation of numerous race awards. Over 100 wood carved skis will be given to 1st place finishers in all age groups. Unique copper awards will be given to overall male and female winners of each race in addition to other top finishers in the 50K Freestyle. To see a detailed breakdown of the age groups visit our race guide.
- GBC shirts – all participants will receive a cool 2020 Great Bear Chase shirt.
- Bib pick-up is at the Calumet High School, 4-8:30 p.m. on Friday, March 6, and 7-9 a.m. on Saturday, March 7. You can find details, maps, and other information in the race guide.
We hope to see you at the 40th annual Great Bear Chase on Saturday, March 7th, 2020!