Black Jack Ski Club in Rossland British Columbia is seeking a positive and energetic leader for the position of Head Coach for the Skier Development Program. Reporting to the Director of Skier Development, the Head Coach is responsible for successful yearly planning and execution of the program.
- Plan and deliver athlete programing with individualized training plans, suited to the needs of each athlete.
- Support Skier Development Director on technical issues. Ensure alignment of all levels of the program including Racers, Jackrabbits and Track Attack.
- Provide mentorship to other Black Jack coaches and ensure communication is maintained with other Coaches outside of the club for the benefit of the program (ie organizing camps).
- Support the organization of camps, races and other events.
- Attend races providing leadership, coaching support, wax determination, logistics, direction to parent / coach volunteers, and other tasks as needed.
- NCCP Competition Coaching: Development – Competition Coaching – Development (CCD) is required, or reasonably achievable within one year in the role.
- One to two years’ experience in lead roles of club skier development programs is preferred.
- Experience with athlete development to provincial and national levels
- Eligible to obtain a class 4 BC drivers license
Qualified applicants interested in this unique opportunity are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Black Jack Ski Club respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
The Black Jack Cross Country Ski Club is a nonprofit society with over 750 members. Our mission is to build a community of Nordic skiers by providing and sustaining excellence in programs and services. For more information visit http://www.skiblackjack.ca/about-us
Please reply via email to email@example.com.