Revelstoke Nordic Ski Club (RNSC) is currently seeking a motivated and energetic individual to fill the full-time position of Nordic Head Coach. The position will lead and / or oversee programming from the Learning to Train through to Training to Win phases of athlete development.
The RNSC is a nationally-affiliated club and a registered non-profit organization that traces its roots back to 1891, with a long history of organizing and delivering programs geared towards nordic skiers of all ages and performance levels. The RNSC has over 30km of groomed trails for both skate and classic, including 6km of daily lit night skiing. In 2021, the club membership grew to an all-time high of 1200, up from 700 members in 2018, and currently representing 15% of the community. The RNSC offers athlete development programs for ages 4 to adult, including Ski League, Elementary Ski S’kool, High School Ski, Ski After School, Private / Group lessons and Race Team, delivered under the leadership of our Director of Athlete Development, Athlete Development Committee (ADC), and paid full-time Head Coach. Whether we are growing our Bunnies and Rabbits participation numbers to record totals; achieving the 3rd ranked Junior Club at the last contested Ski Nationals; or qualifying athletes for international competitions, the RNSC is proud of its successes and is eager to foster a well-balanced approach to continued growth and development.
Nestled in between the Monashee and Selkirk Mountain Ranges, along the shores of the Columbia River, Revelstoke has an abundant natural beauty, an undeniable small-town charm and endless recreation opportunities.
STATEMENT OF QUALIFICATIONS
This position requires a comprehensive technical and leadership skill set, which will be used to help grow RNSC’s presence within our community and the interior region, and to continue to establish the club’s reputation of being a full service Nordic ski club in Canada. The position will require travel, as well as working in the evenings and on weekends.
- Minimum Secondary School Diploma
- National Coaching Certification Program; Certified CCD status, or CCD status reasonably achievable within one year in the role
- Valid Standard First Aid (minimum), Wilderness First Aid (preferred)
- Criminal Record & Vulnerable Sector Screen
- Previous Head Coaching or Assistant Coaching experience
- Athlete monitoring and training plan design (Training Peaks)
- Managing and leading a team of volunteer coaches (CC through L2C)
- Wax and race support operations
- Planning and executing training camps
- Exercises sound judgment
- Enjoys interacting with parent groups and volunteer coaches
- Personally connects with people
- Makes things happen
- Communicates effectively
- Takes responsibility
- Knows oneself
- Strives for excellence
- High degree of fitness
- Incumbent must commit to professional development (i.e. NCCP CDAG)
Reporting to the Director of Athlete Development, the applicant is directly accountable for the club’s Track Attack, Junior Development, and Senior Development programs, and will work in collaboration with the (newly created)Program Coordinator to ensure continuity across all stages of athlete development.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Plan and deliver year-round athlete programming for Track Attack, Junior Development, and Senior Development
- Ensure alignment with Nordiq Canada’s Athlete Development Matrix
- Collaborate with Cross Country BC with regards to athlete development, regional/provincial camps, race schedules, provincial coach experience, and supporting RNSC athletes on provincial teams
- Manage a team of volunteer coaches to ensure coverage and appropriate planning for dryland and on-snow training sessions
- Develop individualized training plans or group training plans suited to the needs of each athlete and/or group, which ensure a holistic approach to athlete development
- Provide technical feedback to each athlete to ensure physical competency of all cross country skiing techniques as appropriate for the athlete’s development
- Provide mentorship to the team of coaches to progress their professional development
- Facilitate mentorship opportunities between athletes at various stages of development.
- Support the organization of camps, races, and other events
- Attend races providing leadership, coaching support, wax determination, logistics, direction to parent / coach volunteers, and other tasks as needed
- Maintain familiarity with RNSC Board activities, contribute to ongoing improvement of club operations and assist in planning and execution of club events as necessary
- Collaborate with the Program Coordinator as directed by the Director of Athlete Development
- Collaborate effectively with the RNSC Executive Director
- Collaborate with RNSC Race Hosting Committee
- Attend monthly ADC meetings
- Other duties, as directed by the Director of Athlete Development
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Compensation for this position will be commensurate with qualifications and experience of the successful candidate in the range of $45,000-$60,000 inclusive of benefits
- One year contract from May 1st, 2021 to April 30th, 2022, leading to permanent position
- Must maintain a clean criminal record
HOW TO APPLY
Your resume with two references.
A cover letter, in 2000 words maximum, clearly demonstrates how you meet the Education and Experience criteria listed in the Statement of Qualifications (see above). Please clearly demonstrate how you meet the criteria by providing concrete examples.
The Revelstoke Nordic Ski Club strives to be an equitable employer by supporting the merits of the Canadian Employment Equity Act as described in the Purpose of Act section. Our hiring procedures will reflect this value.
Closing Date: 8:00PM, PST. March 5, 2021
QUESTIONS & SUBMISSION
We thank all applicants in advance. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
buy albuterol inhaler,buy combigan online,buy chantix,buy voltaren gel online