Dear Cross Country Community,
You can find all finalized selection criteria for World Cup, the Beijing Olympic Winter Games, the World Junior and U23 World Champs, the U18 Nordic Nations Championships, etc. here:
The World Cup Coaches’ Discretion Working Group, which makes discretionary World Cup nominations, will nominate athletes to World Cup Periods 2-4 on the following dates:
- World Cup Period 2 – Tour de Ski ( 28, 2021 – Jan. 4, 2022)
- Selection date: Monday Dec. 13, 2021
- Some quota spots may need to be left open for those who make the objective World Cup standard in Dresden after the above selection date.
- World Cup Period 3 – FRA, SLO ( 14-23, 2022)
- Selection date: Saturday January 8, 2022
- WC Period 4 – FIN, NOR, SWE, RUS ( 26 – Mar. 20, 2022)
- Selection date: Monday February 7, 2022
- This selection comes early to allow athletes time to secure Russian visas and to plan for complicated logistics.
Note: the timeframe of some selections may be pushed earlier to accommodate gathering the necessary permissions for access to some European nations this winter during the ongoing pandemic. We will keep the community posted.
As always, please feel free to reach out if you have questions.
Cross Country Program Director