PAID CONTRACT: November 15th – March 31st
- Work from home in a dynamic environment to cover the sport of cross country skiing from the World Cup to recreational level.
- Support North American coverage of prestigious international events including the 2022 Olympic Winter Games and the FIS Tour de Ski.
- Feature and share the lifestyle of cross country skiing through product reviews, analysis of sport science, and interviews with key athletes, coaches, and professionals in the sport.
As a part-time reporter, you will support weekly content and in-season race reporting. This will include creating engaging content that serves the readership of FasterSkier, staying in tune with all aspects and participant levels of the sport, covering breaking news, and submitting articles in a timely manner.
REPORTS TO: Managing Editor
- Winter race reporting: cover 1-2 races per World Cup venue, with additional reporting as needed during the Tour de Ski and Olympic Winter Games.
- Contribute 1 feature-length story per month.
- Contribute 2-3 additional stories per month, excluding race-reports.
- Generate original ideas that you can take from drawing board to final draft.
- Ensure the site publishes timely race reports and race follow-ups. In general, one story per gender/per race for World Cup and Olympic events.
- Contribute to FasterSkier’s social media accounts/channels in coordination with staff.
- Strong writing skills. Work should require minimal editing.
- Organization, ability to meet deadlines, self-starter with the creativity to pitch unique ideas.
- Most races take place in Europe. Must be willing to work early in the morning and on weekends.
- Compensation is based on experience and scaled based on frequency of contribution.
Please submit a resume and writing sample to email@example.com.
USSS Announces Fluorinated Wax Policy for 2021/2022 Season