The Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club is Actively Seeking an Assistant Cross Country Coach for their U16/18/20 Program
About the SSWSC: The SSWSC provides sports and youth development programming for over 1,200 athletes every year. Our vision is to produce champions on and off the mountain and our goal is to be the best at developing the “complete” athlete – coaching every individual to achieve their highest level of human and athletic performance – resulting in healthy, contributing members of our community as well as skilled and passionate athletes.
Our programs include Alpine, Cross Country, Freestyle, Freeskiing, Nordic Combined, Special Jumping, Telemark, Snowboard Freeski, and Alpine Snowboarding as well as Strength and Conditioning, Cycling, and Skateboarding. Serving tens of thousands of kids for more than a century, the club is one of the oldest and most successful winter sports clubs in North America. The cross country program has a long history in our community, consistently progressing athletes toward their goals, including Junior National, Junior World Championship, and NCAA success.
Position Overview: In alignment with the mission of SSWSC the U16/18/20 Assistant Coach will:
- Coach daily training sessions including roller skiing, foot training, strength, and cycling. The program runs year-round, with breaks in April and August.
- Possess excellent relationship and communication skills, in order to work closely with coaches, parents, athletes and community partners
- Take direction from the XC Program Manager and the XC Head Coach, with ultimate guidance from the SSWSC Administrative Staff.
- Be able to ski at an advanced level
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Strong knowledge, experience and current professional credentials in cross country training
- Previous coaching experience is a plus, but not necessary
- Life-long learner seeking both formal and informal professional development opportunities
- Current USSA Level 100 certification (as a minimum) or willing to achieve certification
- Valid driver’s license and insurability
Compensation and Benefits:
Compensation will be dependent on the skills and experience of the candidate, with a range of $22,000 to $25,000 for the seasonal, part-time, non-benefited position. There is potential for subsidized housing in Steamboat Springs.
Send resume and cover letter to SSWSC Cross Country Program Director Brian Tate at email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until June 15, 2022.