The Mt. Bachelor Sports Education Foundation (MBSEF), located in Bend, Oregon is currently looking to hire a positive and dynamic individual to be our next Nordic Program Director. This person will lead, motivate, educate and provide direction to athletes, staff and parents of our Nordic programs.
MBSEF has strong developmental and competitive snowsports programs in Nordic skiing, Alpine skiing and Freeride skiing and snowboarding. The Nordic Program Director is an important part of our full time and year-round staff who work together to develop and implement programming to serve our athletes and help them meet their goals.
MBSEF Nordic currently serves more than 100 athletes ages 6-10 in developmental Nordic skiing programs and more than 60 athletes in competitive middle and high school programs. There is awesome potential to build and grow this program in the recreational mecca that is Central Oregon and the right person will find this position to be the perfect opportunity to balance a love of the sport of Nordic Skiing with life in the vibrant community of Bend.
Job Qualification: 4-year college degree in a sport or related field. USSS Professional licensed coach. Previous coaching experience. Passion for the sport of Nordic Skiing, strong organizational and communication skills.
This is a full time position with a competitive compensation and benefits package. Essential Job Functions:
- Work to support the vision, mission, and values of MBSEF
- Envision, Design and Implement year-round programming for the MBSEF Nordic Program
- Supervise development of Masters Nordic Programming
- Attend bimonthly MBSEF board meetings
- Work with MBSEF Executive Director to prepare and monitor the Nordic budget
- Work with MBSEF Accounting Department on payroll and expense reimbursements
- Work closely with MBSEF Events Director to plan and implement all MBSEF Nordic race events
- Work with the MBSEF team to plan and implement other fundraising events
- Uphold and represent the high standards of the USSS SafeSport program to maintain the integrity of MBSEF Nordic program
- Ensure that all Nordic employees and volunteers are current and are following USSS SafeSport guidelines
- Represents MBSEF at the PNSA and USSS level as a coach/committee member
- Actively participate on the Central Oregon Nordic Advisory Committee comprised of members of the Central Oregon Nordic Community
- Work closely with Mt. Bachelor Nordic Center staff
- Supervise hiring of seasonal coaching staff
- Conduct and/or organize coach’s education for Nordic staff
- Travel with MBSEF competition teams as necessary
- Work with Lead Competition Coach, Middle School Lead Coach, and Developmental Programs Lead Coach to plan and implement training programs and coach athlete sessions
- Work with Lead Competition Coach to organize camps and offseason programs
- Communicate with both athletes and parents in a timely and organized manner
- Create and communicate trip plans and trip budgets
- Assist with the marketing and promotion of MBSEF Nordic Programs and Events
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities will evolve over time as the needs of the program change. The Program Director will work closely with the Executive Director and Nordic Lead Competition Coach to advance the goals and mission of the MBSEF Nordic Program.
- This position requires approximately 20 days of travel a year to races and camps
- Approximately 40% coaching, 40% administration & 20% events & fundraising
Reporting to the Nordic Program Director:
- Lead Nordic Competition Coach (full time)
- Assistant Coaches (usually around 5-8, part time)
- Middle School Head Coach (part time)
- Development Head Coach (part time)
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to Amy Tarnow (email@example.com). Questions are welcome and applications will be accepted until the position is filled.