CCA Job Posting – Program Coordinator
Cross Country Alberta is the provincial sport organization for cross country skiing in Alberta. The mission of Cross Country Alberta, which is governed by a volunteer board of Directors, is to lead, develop and promote the sport of cross country skiing throughout Alberta.
The Program Coordinator reports to CCA’s Sport Manager, and has the following responsibilities:
1. Maintains and manages the CCA website, the e-newsletter “Nordic News” and social media sites including the CCA Facebook page.
2. Communicates with CCA members, clubs, program participants and the public to ensure timely information and follow up.
3. Coordinates the organization and assists in the delivery of the annual camps, events and programs.
4. Supports the development of the long-term strategy for programs, events and communications.
5. Provides input into the preparation of the CCA budget, including grants. Assists with preparation of annual and membership reports.
6. The Program Coordinator maintains positive working relationships with funders and CCA partners.
7. Coordinates the annual updates to the strategic plan, statistical and program report documents.
8. The Program Coordinator will be required to travel to program, event, meetings and services within Alberta and occasionally to events across Canada.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
1. Post secondary degree preferred (outdoor recreation, recreation or sport management ) or equivalent with specific program related experience.
2. Related program planning, communications, event coordination and administration experience is required.
3. Knowledge of cross country skiing and Para Nordic skiing is preferred.
4. Strong communications and supervisory skills are asset.
5. An understanding of the provincial sport development system is an asset.
6. Excellent computer skills (i.e. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Google mail and applications, use of various social media sites, website management, database management ).
7. Strong interpersonal, team work, organizational and time management skills.
8. Effective media relations skills.
9. Effective supervisory skills that incorporate appropriate levels of delegation, problem solving, decision making, and generating and critiquing ideas.
10.Works with a minimum of supervision, meets deadlines and complete duties.
11.Outstanding customer service attributes. Adaptable to changing workenvironment and demands.
12. A valid Alberta class five driver’s licence with 7 or less demerits.
The annual salary range for this permanent position is $40,000 to $44,000, working 40 hours per week. This competition closes May 21, 2013.
For further information on the organization and posting, please see the 2013 Program Coordinator Job Description.
Applications are accepted by email only. Please email applications to Michael Neary, CCA Sport Manager firstname.lastname@example.org text: 780-288-1738 to ensure that your application has been received.