The ASC Training Center is a non-profit organization located on Donner Summit, adjacent to Boreal Mountain Resort. ASCTC provides a variety of programs for 1000 members. Activities include Junior Alpine, Snowboard, Nordic and Biathlon programs; recreational XC skiing and clinics on club trails; competitions and social events.
Position: Nordic Assistant Coach
Employer: Auburn Ski Club Associates
Reports to: Nordic Head Coach
Employee period: June 1 –Nov. 15 (avg. 25 hours a week). Nov. 15– April 15 (avg. 40hrs/week).
Benefits: Continuing education, USSA Level 100 Coaching Certification and CPR/First Aid Training Available, ski passes at other xc areas
Functions and Responsibilities:
The Nordic Assistant Coach is a key member of the coaching staff. The ASCTC team operates the Training Center for the enjoyment of participants and guests and to meet the athletic goals and objectives shared by ASC, Inc. and Auburn Ski Club Associates. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Essential Functions:
- Attend racing events at the direction of head coaches (local races, JNQs, national championship events, training camps, etc.)
- Work across multiple program areas (123 Ski, Masters, Comp and Devo, and Foothill Outreach) with weekly training sessions in the various programs at Auburn Ski Club Training Center.
- Ability to work with individuals and athletes of all ages including kids, teen, young adults, parents, and other instructors and coaches at various levels of development
- Conduct safe and appropriate training sessions for ASC Training Center Nordic programs.
- Operate vehicles for the safe transportation of athletes.
2. Work closely with ASCTC membership and program administrator to recruit and enroll participants. Work with the Nordic Coaches for scheduling between the disciplines and to achieve program goals.
3. Provide content for newsletters and media/advertising ventures.
4. Work with ASC staff, board members, and parents to help fundraise for ASC.
5. Assist as needed, day-to-day TC operation, snow removal, opening and closing, staff meetings, risk management training, etc.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Passion and extensive knowledge of XC racing and training for the development of ASCTC Athletes
- Submission of a motor vehicle record acceptable to ASCA insurance.
- Completion of a background screening.
- USSA Level 100 Coaching Certification and CPR/First Aid (training available at ASC)
- Friendly, outgoing personality with proven communication, writing and organizational skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team and be productive when unsupervised
- Computer competency – word processing, spreadsheets, email and internet
Call if you have questions, 530-426-3313. Resume can be submitted to email email@example.com