The Canmore Nordic Ski Club (CNSC) based in Canmore, Alberta, is an organization of 650 members with a mission of promoting participation and excellence in the sports of cross country skiing and biathlon in our community.
We are seeking applications for a full-time Cross Country Ski Coach. The ideal candidate is a cross country coach that also has experience in biathlon (coach or athlete) or at the very least is keen on learning the necessary attributes to coaching in biathlon. This coach will primarily be involved with coaching athletes in the Train to Train program, aged 12-15 years old.
The candidate will be a coach and/or athlete with experience at the junior or senior level working with cross country skiers and biathletes (ideally). Previous coaching experience is preferred but not required.
- Coaching cross country/biathlon athletes
- Strong Leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Analytical thinking
- Strong Team Player
- Certified in the competition coaching stream from the National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) – Competition Coaching (CCI – L2T)
- Ability to motivate, build trust, and gain the confidence of athletes
- Possess strong interpersonal skills, organizational expertise, and be team focused
- Considerable experience in cross country and biathlon (ideally) as an athlete and/or coach
- Willing to travel for races and camps
- Must be self-motivated, entrepreneurial, and be able to work with little supervision
- Demonstrate ethical qualities and instills the virtues of fair play and sportsmanship in all aspects of the program
- Provide dryland and on snow coaching primarily for the Train to Train program
- Work with the CNSC Program Director and other CNSC coaches in coordinating the delivery of training programs based on the CNSC Adapted Long Term Athlete Development
- Work collaboratively with the CNSC coaching group to provide race/waxing support for CNSC athletes at races
Full time employee starting May 1, 2018
Commensurate with experience and ranges from $37,000 to $44,000
Applications and interviews will be conducted until a suitable candidate is found.
Please submit your cover letter and resume, highlighting why you want to coach junior athletes and what skills, experiences and life background you bring to Alain Parent, Canmore Nordic Ski Club Program Director email@example.com