Youth Program Director and Nordic Head Coach Opportunity
Leavenworth Winter Sports Club, Leavenworth, WA
The Leavenworth Winter Sports Club is a ski club based in the foothills of the Cascade Mountains in WA. We are seeking a Youth Program Director and Head Nordic Coach to design and coordinate recreational-level programs for kindergarten through high school age skiers and coach competitive Nordic racers. This is an exciting opportunity to join an established Club with successful programs in a vibrant outdoor oriented community. This is a 5-month salaried position (November 1 – March 31) that requires availability for daily afternoon practices. There are additional employment opportunities within and outside the Club.
1. Energetic and highly self-motivated
2. Racing experience
3. Coaching experience
4. Planning and organizing skills.
5. Team leadership
6. Strong communication skills
- Assist with developing overall LWSC Nordic and Alpine Education Program structure and vision
- Nordic athlete education and coaching, with an emphasis on fitness, technique and skill development
- Supervise and conduct safe, fun and developmentally appropriate practices and activities for each group.
- Plan, develop, and implement training plans and practice sessions for high school age skiers
- Identify strengths and weaknesses of athletes
- Nurture and develop athletes’ potential skills and abilities
- Analyze and evaluate athlete’s performances and modify training programs
- Maintain scheduling with different age group practices
- Work with and manage assistant coaches and parent volunteers conducting practices, waxing, events, races and carpooling.
- Communicate with athletes and families by email, website, and social media about schedules and up-coming events (LWSC staff will assist in these duties when applicable).
- Attend races with the team. Coordinate waxing (both classic and skate) and wax testing while at races.
- Assist in fundraisers and functions over the course of the year.
Please send resumes and references to: James Munly, General Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org