The Mt. Bachelor Sports Education Foundation is seeking an Assistant Nordic Coach to lead, motivate, educate and provide direction to athletes/ members of the MBSEF Nordic program and assist the Nordic Director in all facets of the Nordic Program, including Collegiate Programs, Masters Programs, U18/U16 racing programs, Middle School development, and Youth programs.
Job Qualifications: The Assistant Coach must have a practical knowledge of current cross-country techniques and training methods, proficiency with wax selection and application, experience with equipment repair and selection, and knowledge of sports nutrition, strength training, and sports psychology. In addition to coaching duties, the assistant coach will be expected to perform various office duties which require some basic computer skills, good communication skills, knowledge of social media, and some office work experience.
- Contribute to a positive and motivating environment to foster a lifelong love for the sport of cross country skiing
- Works to support the vision, mission and philosophy of MBSEF
- Assists head coach with Full-time, Winter Term and Middle School program athletes including collegiate athletes
- Travel with selected MBSEF teams
- Help design schedules and training programs
- Instruct Master skiers in MBSEF program
- Assist Director with organization and execution of MBSEF races.
- Supports staff and racers at local races
- Attend various staff/program meetings
- Assist with some MBSEF fundraising events
- Help to maintain the integrity of the MBSEF Nordic as well as all other programs and activities of MBSEF
- Reports to Nordic Program Director for all matters relating to the Nordic Program
Salary: Dependent of experience, availability, and prior success.
Applications: Send resume to dan@MBSEF.org