The 2017 U.S. SuperTour Finals and Distance Nationals, also known as Spring Series, opens today with men’s and women’s skiathlons at the Birch Hill Recreation Area in Fairbanks, Alaska. The races will be held late each day to take advantage of the warmest parts of the day and lambent late-afternoon sunlight, as well as to accommodate volunteers and spectators.
The week’s race schedule is summarized below. For more event info, visit supertourfinals2017fairbanks.us.
FasterSkier is seeking photos from this week’s Spring Series. If you are on site and able to send photos after the events, please email with photo caption and credit info to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spring Series race schedule: (At start times = Alaska Daylight Time)
Monday, March 27:
- Women’s 15 k skiathlon (5 p.m.)
- Men’s 22.5 k skiathlon (6:15 p.m.)
Wednesday, March 29:
- Freestyle sprint qualifier (4 p.m.)
- Freestyle sprint heats (6 p.m.)
- Co-ed mixed relay (6:30 p.m.)
Sunday: U.S. Distance Nationals
- Women’s 30 k freestyle mass start (10 a.m.)
- Men’s 50 k freestyle mass start (12:30 p.m.)