Sugar Bowl Ski Team and Academy is seeking a full-time assistant Nordic coach for the 2017-18 season. Sugar Bowl Academy offers a year-round program for student-athletes, in grades 8-12 as well as a Post-Graduate program. The Academy offers both day and boarding options and we offer several development camps throughout the year. In addition, the Ski Team runs several seasonal youth programs designed to develop a passion for the sport and lifelong skills.
Sugar Bowl Academy student-athletes thrive on the dual pursuit of rigorous academics and competitive skiing in an environment that celebrates hard work and the pursuit of worthy goals. Graduates have gone on to some of the best colleges and universities in the country and many have continued their pursuit of skiing on NCAA teams at schools like Bates, Boston College, Dartmouth, Middlebury, Saint Lawrence University and the University of Colorado.
The ideal candidate has a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, college/elite racing experience, and some coaching experience. They will be willing to work with the entire Nordic staff (including youth coaches) to develop athletes and programming. Job duties will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Assist in the day-to-day running of the Sugar Bowl Academy Nordic Ski Team including practice planning, budgeting, team communication, etc.
- Assist in weekly/yearly training plan writing and development.
- Along with Nordic staff, assist in support of long-term athlete development model for the Sugar Bowl Nordic programs.
- Assist Head Coach in developing camp and race schedule.
- Assist in recruiting and retention of SBA Nordic Athletes.
- Attend regional, national, and international race and camp opportunities as necessary.
- Other duties, as they arise, given ample notice.
Salary/Compensation: Salary DOE, Health care, 403(b) Retirement plan, Sugar Bowl/Royal Gorge Season Pass, and equipment stipend.
If interested, please send resume, cover letter, and three references to Martin Benes, Nordic Program Director, email@example.com. The position will remain until filled.