The Tahoe Cross Country Ski Education Association (TCCSEA) program is seeking a Head Coach to work with its Nordic Junior Development and Competition Team, serving primarily middle school and high school age racers. This is an exciting opportunity to join an established association and be a part of the very successful Devo/Comp Program.
This is a 10-month salaried position (June through March). The position requires that you be available for practice 5-6 days week and assist in other aspects of running the team on a more flexible schedule. Additionally there might be longer day trips and camps on the schedule. The position is part-time. Approximately 30 hours per week including weekends. Additional work might also be available at Tahoe XC Ski Area. Work period is June, 2017 through April , 2018. A multi-year commitment is preferred.
- Energetic and highly self motivated
- Racing experience
- Coaching experience
- Planning and organizing skills
- Team leadership
- Strong communication skills
- Athlete education and coaching, specifically ski technique focused
- Conduct safe, fun and developmentally appropriate practices for Devo/Comp teams.
- Plan, develop and implement training plan and practice sessions.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses of athletes
- Nurture and develop athletes’ potential skills and abilities
- Analyze and evaluate athlete’s performances and modify training programs
- Safely drive 8 passenger van in and around Lake Tahoe region (B Class license NOT required)
- Maintain scheduling with Middle and High School Coaches (includes xc running and xc skiing)
- Work with and manage parent volunteers and assistant coaches who will assist you in practice, at races and with carpooling
- Communicate with athletes and families by email, website, and phone information about schedule and upcoming events.
- Attend races with the team. Assist in all waxing (both classic and skate) and wax testing duties while at races
- Review race course with skiers
- Assist in fundraisers and functions over the course of the year.
For more information about this position contact Program Director, Valli Murnane email: firstname.lastname@example.org