A stronger USA racing program
4 USST athletes:
Torin Koos, Chris Cook, Liz Stephen, and one female Collegiate Athlete.
5 of 7 US Biathlon A Team athletes:
Tim Burke, Jay Hakkinen, Lowell Bailey, Russell Courrier, Haley Johnson
Rossignol USA’s Amateur athletes are having a great year so far as well:
• Podium finish at the USSA XC Nationals in Anchorage, AK.
• Podium finish in the World Junior Biathlon Championships in Canmore, Alta. Canada.
• Many qualifiers for the Canadian World Cups and the U23 and Junior World Championships Teams.
• 2 of the top Americans in the 2009 J1 Scando Cup trip team.
• Victories and Podiums in the 2009 USSA XC Junior Olympics in Truckee.
• Podiums and many top 10 results at the 2009 NCAA championships in Maine.
New Xium World Cup Series (WCS) skate ski
• Significant Weight reduction in the tip and tail (over 25g taken out of the tip compared to only 5g in other brand’s new skis). New improved flex pattern that manages to work well in softer snow as well as in sprint racing, while still retaining that traditional Rossignol snap and stability.
• New dimensions and a progressive Cobra Cut based on size.
• This is a complementary ski to our already successful NIS1, NIS2 and NIS2 W skate skis.
• These skis received a very good write-up from Mark Waechter of Nordic Ultratune in his February Newsletter. Check it out at http://www.ultratune.net/pdfs/feb2009newsletter.pdf
• Finally, these new skis are Fast! Released on the World Cup in January, these skis quickly won the Dualthlon in Whistler, BC. They have won more than 4 other WC skate races for both men and women, and they have many championship medals to their name already:
• World Championships, in Liberc, CZE
– 5 Gold medals in skating events.
– 4 Silver medals in Skating events.
– 2 Bronze medals in Skating events.
– These are just the medals won on these skis, Rossignol Won 3 more gold, 2 more Silver and 1 more Bronze at these championships on other ski models…
• World Junior Biathlon Championships, Canmore, Alta., Canada
– 3 Gold on the New WCS ski
– 1 Silver on the new WCS ski
– 1 Bronze on the new WCS ski
– Rossignol also earned 3 Silver and 2 bronze on other ski models
• USSA Junior Olympics in Truckee,CA
– Gold in the individual Skate 15k Mass Start.
Did I say that these new skis are FAST???
With the goal of continuing to improve the quality of our X-ium World Cup Boot lineup, we have just opened up a new factory to produce these boots in Romania, and our athletes are already noticing the changes. YKK has produced a new zipper that we are using for our boots as well. Cosmetically, the boots will remain unchanged, but the little details in construction have been greatly improved for this coming season.
As you can see, there are only a few changes for this year, as Rossignol is strongly focusing on bringing home as many medals as possible from the 2010 Vancouver Olympics. You will be excited to see all of the technology changes released at these coming Olympic Games.