Before we left for Tahoe we started the process of winterizing our house. The old part of the house is pretty drafty, so we put heavy plastic around the outside of the foundation and anchored it with wood strips on the top and rocks at the bottom.
Chelsea hammering away.
Cutting foam to stuff into a gap in the foundation. I'm using a Swix metal scraper to do this and it actually worked pretty well.
This is the old front door, which is a very drafty, warped, wooden contraption with lots of weird deadbolts on the back. Matt and Ollie pounded foam into the doorway to provide insulation and we are also planning on covering this up with plastic. This door is never used, so hopefully it isn't a fire hazard…
Firewood production. Lots of people have been helping split and stack wood. It definitely counts as a strength workout.
Next on the winterizing project list: window quilts and continued firewood production. There are plenty of windows in this house, so the sewing machine is going to be busy!