APU Nordic Ski Center will be hosting a Master’s Training Camp this summer from July 25-31. The goal of the camp is to help master’s improve technique, endurance, and strength while maintaining contact with ski-specific muscles. In addition, it helps support elite development as a fundraiser for the APU Elite Team. The camp will include four days of training on snow on the Eagle Glacier at APU’s Thomas Training Center, as well as three days of dryland training and technique work in Girdwood, Alaska with coaching by APU Elite Team coaches.
The Thomas Training Center offers world-class summer skiing on Eagle Glacier. Opportunities include:
- Access to 7.5km of Pisten Bully groomed classic and skate tracks 100 meters from the door.
- Trails located at the ideal training altitude of 5,500 feet.
- Skiing multiple times each day on varied terrain.
- Coaching, technique work, and video analysis by APU Elite Team coaches.
- Accommodations at the Thomas Training Center, a spacious facility equipped with: running water, electricity, bathrooms and showers, a sauna, full kitchen, weights, a waxing facility, a television for technique video analysis and entertainment, as well as spectacular views.
Eagle Glacier is located outside of Girdwood, Alaska, a small ski resort 45 minutes south of Anchorage by car. The primary access to the facility is by way of a ten-minute helicopter ride from Girdwood.
In addition to the on-snow portion of the camp, the first three days will be spent dryland training in Girdwood. Participants can expect to rollerski, run, and bound on the trails around the resort. The focus of these workouts will be on technique and strength while using some of the same training venues as the APU Elite Team. Accommodations while in Girdwood will be the Alyeska Prince Hotel.
Come experience Alaska, ski on snow during the summer, and make gains toward your 2010-2011 season goals. Space is limited to 15 participants, so reserve your spot soon! For more information please contact Casey Fagerquist by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org