Statistical Skier’s Week In Review has it’s first sponsor, Skadi Nordic! If removing the snow and ice from the bottom of your boots is your least favorite part of skiing, I’d head over to their site and check them out, cause they’ve solved that problem.
World Cup racing finally gets underway this weekend in Gällivare, Sweden<1. Accordingly, it’s been a busy week here at Statistical Skier:
- We recapped last weekend’s racing, focusing on the North Americans. On Monday we looked at some of the distance results and then turned to some sprint results on Wednesday.
- Also, I’ve been pushing some more season previews out the door. Our good neighbors to the north were the subjects this week with posts focusing on Chandra Crawford and Dasha Gaiazova, Devon Kershaw and Alex Harvey, and finally Ivan Babikov and George Grey.
- Finally, for my more internationally minded readers, I analyzed Sweden’s Maria Rydqvist, who attracted some attention last weekend with her 2nd place finish in the distance race in Bruksvallarna four months after giving birth.
- By the end of this winter I am to have memorized a good chunk of the HTML character codes. <↩
- <Week In Review: Friday, June 11th
- <Week In Review: Friday August 27th
- <Week In Review: Friday Sep 3rd