Happy Thanksgiving! The racing season is off and running:
- We kicked things off with race snapshot graphs of the opening weekend World Cup races in Gällivare, Sweden, which I subsequently improved to include a focus on the particular technique used in that race. Thanks to the several commenters who requested the change.
- I delved a bit deeper into the results for a variety of North Americans and also some of the Europeans.
- A special holiday post examining some data on the notion of “Thanksgiving Turkeys” in the realm of XC ski racing.
- As the Kuusamo Nordic Opener gets rolling in Finland this weekend, we had the race snapshot graphs for today’s classic sprint.
Race snapshots will continue through the weekend with each WC race. Things to look forward to next week:
- Previews of the US biathlon team, along with race snapshot graphs for the kickoff of the biathlon WC season.
- Recaps of the Kuusamo WC races and also perhaps the West Yellowstone SuperTour races.
- If you thought that SkiTrax and Fasterskier could post a press release talking about a compartment syndrome survey, in which they use a bunch of fancy-shmancy statistical language like “p-values” and that I wouldn’t comment on it, well, you clearly don’t know me very well. I have a lot to say about that survey.