It was a full, jumbled week here at Statistical Skier:
- Last weekend saw the rest of the Kuusamo Nordic Opener, with race snapshot graphs for the classic and skate portions of the three day competition.
- My Kuusamo recap posts featured some cycling stage race style bumps charts, followed by a post highlighting the performance of the North American skiers.
- With the biathlon World Cup races kicking off this week in Östersund, Sweden, I managed to squeak in my US biathlon team preview (men, women) posts just under the wire.
- Part way through the biathlon World Cups in Östersund, we’ve seen race snapshot graphs for the women’s distance race, the men’s distance race, and the women’s sprint.
- A little after the fact, but in light of Marit Børgen’s dominant performance in Gällivare, which she referred to as the best skate race of her life, I took a look at some data to see if that was in fact the case.
- I waded into the compartment syndrome issue with some helpful comments on understanding the recent CSU survey on that topic.
- Finally, Germany’s Nicole Fessel has had a rather stunningly good opening to her WC season, so I made some graphs showing just how impressive she’s been.
Phew! On to Düsseldorf this weekend…