After solving the ski boot degradation problem, Skaði Nordic has turned to ski ties. Check them out here!
Plenty of stuff happening this week, despite the inevitable lull following the Tour de Ski:
- Some World Cup racing for both the biathlon (women’s sprint 1/15, men’s and women’s pursuit 1/16, men’s sprint 1/20, women’s sprint 1/21) and XC fields (Liberec sprint).
- Some American gal won that freestyle sprint in Liberec, race recap is here.
- Following through (eventually) on a reader request, we looked at the technique preferences for Norwegian skiers.
- Thanks to a helpful suggestion I was able to improve on my analysis of the alleged pattern of Andrew Newell qualifying well and then underperforming in the heats.
- World Juniors and U23s kick off next week in Estonia, so we had previews focusing on the historical performance of the US and Canadian teams, as well as some of the more accomplished European nations.
There was plenty to be excited about this past week for an American ski fan, what with Kikkan Randall’s performance in Liberec, and strong racing from biathletes Lowell Bailey and Laura Spector. What will the rest of the winter bring?