Nice job to all the skiers that raced yesterday at the Essex Invite. Full results are found here. MNC skiers were all over the place, including something like 9 of the top-30 boys D1. I was glad to see a lot of folks out there! Coach Paul Allison threw down a great time of 17:15 in the citizen’s race, and I’m happy to report that most of the boys are now fitter/faster than I am — as I ran a 19:24 or so. That is a great sign for the athletes and a not great sign for me.
Training 9/10 – 9/16: This coming week is our first of the fall! I hope everybody is into the swing of school and excited to get back together. MMU has a race Friday and CVU is at the Burlington Invite on Saturday. Thursday will focus more on technique and strength to keep some energy in everyone’s legs.
- Tuesday 9/11: 4-6pm at the Range. Strength test + classical rollerskiing/technique.
- Thursday 9/13: 4-6pm at the Range. Skate “striders” and strength.
- Sunday 9/16: 9-11am at Round Church. Classic roll with L3 specific strength up Greystone Dr.
Training 9/17 – 9/23: “Speed Week” with Tuesday and Saturday races for most runners.
- Tuesday 9/18: 4-6pm at the Range. Classic + speeds and short sprint test (under 30 seconds); and strength. PLEASE BRING BOTH SKATE & CLASSIC EQUIPMENT for the sprint tests.
- Thursday 9/20: 4-6pm at the Range. Skate + speeds and strength.
- Sunday 9/23: 9-11am at Round Church. Classic roll with long L2/L3 intervals on flat/fast terrain.
Training 9/24 – 9/30: “Volume Week” with 0-2 running races dependent on athlete & team.
- Tuesday 9/25: 4-6pm at the Range. Continuous skate skiing with focus on technique + strength.
- Thursday 9/27: 4-6pm at the Range. Continuous classic skiing with focus on technique + strength.
- Sunday 9/30: 9-11am at Mud Pond. Classic ski with technique and specific strength.