Training 10/22 – 10/28: “Race Week” with State Championships or “Intensity Week”.
- Tuesday 10/23: 4-5:45pm at the Round Church. High-intensity skate intervals.
- Thursday 10/25: 4-5:45pm at the Round Church. Classic ski: easy day for State Champs racers; high-intensity intervals for others.
- Sunday 10/28: 9-11am at Underhill Central School. Classic rollerski with moderate intensity + potluck at Murray Banks’ afterwards. Non-racers = moderate intensity.
Sunday 10/28 details: start rollerskiing at Underhill Central School on Pleasant Valley Rd. Ski towards Cambridge and back with lots of new pavement. After the workout we’ll have a potluck brunch at Murray’s house on Irish Settlement Rd – bring fruit, juice, pastry or other gourmet delights.
- Tuesday 10/30: 4-5:45pm at TBD (Range or Round Church). Skate rollerski + speeds and pack skiing.
- Thursday 11/1: 4-5:45pm at TBD (Range or Round Church). Skate rollerski + short intervals at moderate intensity.
- Sunday 11/4: 9-11am at Round Church. Greystone double-pole test.
Training 11/5 – 11/11: “Volume Week”. Note a longer workout on Sunday.
- Tuesday 11/6: 4pm at TBD (Range or Round Church). Skate + specific strength and strength test.
- Thursday 11/8: 4pm at TBD (Range or Round Church). Classic + long L3 intervals.
- Sunday 11/11: 9-11:30am at TBD. Long classic rollerski. Be prepared with food/fluids.
Training 11/12 – 11/18: “Speed Week”.
- Tuesday 11/13: 4pm at TBD. Skate + speed and power (strength).
- Thursday 11/15: 4pm at TBD. Classic sprint time-trial if possible.
- Sunday 11/18: 9-11am at TBD (possibly Bear Trap Rd in Milton). Classic rollerski + time-trial.