This past week we had a focus on volume and continuous skiing at low- to moderate-intensity. In spite of the shortened days and the venue changes, we were able to get some quality workouts. Thanks to good attitudes from the athletes and help from several parents, we stayed safe and had fun to boot. The banner picture above shows us near the end of training last Tuesday (11/6 at 5:30pm). That is what a group of 15 hard-core rollerskiers looks like! Thank you to the following parents for helping with “chaperoning” the end of our training sessions when it has been pitch black:
- Bill Hegman (cycling in 35˚ weather!)
- Rosemary Shea-Cobb
- Pat Harmeyer
- Don Harmeyer
- Amy Kuzio
- Gary Solow
- not to mention all of the coaches: Eli Enman, Rick Costanza, Alice Nelson, Murray Banks, and Paul Allison
We still have a handful of MNC Race Suits available for sale. Contact me immediately if you’d like one.
Training 11/12 – 11/18: “Speed Week”.
- Tuesday 11/13: 4pm at Round Church. Skate + speed and power (strength).
- Thursday 11/15: 4pm at the Range (tentatively). Backup = Round Church. Classic sprint time-trial if possible.
- Sunday 11/18: 9-11am at TBD. Classic rollerski + time-trial.
Training 11/19 – 11/25: “Volume Week”. No formal training however lots of opportunities:
- Craftsbury has been making snow every time it gets cold enough. It may be worthwhile to drive up for a day even if you weren’t able to sign up for the MNC Camp with Garrott.
- Monday = Possible bonus training run.
- Thursday = GMAA Turkey Trot 5km run/race @ UVM.
- Saturday = Craftsbury season opener freestyle races.
- Wednesday – Sunday = MNC Camp @ Craftsbury with Garrott Kuzzy.
Training 11/26 – 12/2: “Recovery Week”. Monday night Swix Wax clinic at Skirack hosted by Drew Gelinas. Take 2-3 days of rest this week if you are tired from Thanksgiving Camp!
- Tuesday 11/27: 4pm at the Range. TBD. Low intensity.
- Thursday 11/29: 4pm at the Range. TBD. Low intensity.
- Sunday 12/2: 9am at TBD.
|Warmup drills last Thursday.|
|Dusk on the Greystone ascent.|