Alex Harvey’s not a fan of The Biebs; he wishes he was because Bieber’s Canadian — but he just can’t stand that kid’s music. Here are several other random facts about the 25-year-old Québec native on the road to his second Olympics.
Athlete: Alex Harvey
Team: Canadian World Cup Team
Hometown: St.-Ferreol, Québec
- Most ever 2nd places at “Settlers of Catan”
- Sleeping in almost on the daily
- Moaning lots when sleeping (and sleeping lots too…so lots of moaning)
- I like french toast 1,000 times more than pancakes. By pancakes I do NOT mean crepes. Crepes are great. You can have crepes for lunch
- When testing skate skis, and having a different ski in each feet (pair A in left foot, pair B in right foot) the ski in the right foot always feels faster.
- When my girlfriend picks me up at the airport, there’s always some fresh baked goods waiting for me, or cheese and crackers. She’s the best.
- I chew gum like it’s my job. North American gum lasts way longer then Euro gum. Fact.
- (Bonus): Getting better and better at fake listening to what Kersh has to say, while being able to keep doing what I’m doing.
- Go-to mantra or motto: During rough workouts, I come back to the goals I’ve set for myself and it helps me power through. Then, during the season, when I have a bad race I remember those rough workouts and how I managed to power through them, so it gives me confidence for the next races, even after a bad result.
- What do you miss most while on the road (besides family and friends)? Driving my car. Rentals are OK but I like my car at home. Cooking my own food.
- Best part about being a pro athlete: We are surrounded by great people who are there to work for us.
- 3 travel essentials: Noise-cancelling headphones, iPad, coffee grinder+french press combo.
- Go-to travel meal or food: Sandwich. Boring but I just love sandwiches.
- Song that you could listen to non-stop: “F*ckwithmeyouknowigotit” by Jay-Z (ft. Rick Ross)
- Song you wouldn’t mind never hearing again: Anything Justin Bieber. It’s too bad he’s canadian…but I just can’t stand it.