The FasterSkier team, made up of devoted individuals scattered across North America and Europe, is looking for interns to assist with the daily responsibilities of our site.
Would you love to help us cover the world of international and domestic skiing this summer, fall and winter with the freedom to pitch your own story ideas and work directly with an editor from the comforts of your own home?
Or are you more technologically savvy, with an interest in improving our website’s functionality by working with us on updates and larger, behind-the-scenes projects?
We are also open to mentoring those who would like to learn more about the marketing and advertising that goes into supporting an online company like ours.
The path is yours! Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Intern application”. Please specify which realm of work you are most interested in (i.e. reporting, IT help, marketing/advertising).
Interns are part time and unpaid with equipment perks. Proven team members may be rewarded with work trips to elite-level competitions in the winter (mostly for reporters), and potentially offered a paid position within our staff.
- Should be interested in a career in professional journalism
- Must possess strong writing skills and well-developed communication skills, and the ability to work independently and self-manage daily tasks.
- Will assist with interviewing athletes and coaches, transcribing fellow reporters’ interviews, and posting directly to the website (i.e. photo galleries, press releases).
- Must be proficient with computers and social media, and have a basic understanding of WordPress or an ability to learn quickly.
- Should be open to doing behind-the-scenes work, such as website redesign and development
- A background in competitive skiing helps, as does a background in writing.
- Will assist with the inner workings of our site. Must be proficient in WordPress and possess an ability to learn quickly through written or verbal instructions.
- Should be familiar and confident in the realms of social and digital media (audio, video and photo)
- Must be open to doing behind-the-scenes work, such as website redesign and development
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently and self-manage daily tasks.
- Should be interested in a career in marketing, advertising or business
- Ideally based near Williamstown, Mass., with the ability to work directly with our marketing director at least once a week
- If working remotely, should be in frequent contact (either by phone or email) with marketing director for tasks and assignments
- Must possess strong communication and written skills, and be self-motivated to perform daily tasks
If you would like to learn various tools of the trade, positions can be combined (i.e. reporter and technology intern).