CLASSIFICATION: Fair Labor Standards Act Exempt
EVALUATION: Performance will be evaluated in writing at the end of each season by the Athletic Director in consultation with the school administration.
REPORTS TO: Athletic Director
SUPERVISES: Assistant Coaches and Junior Varsity Coach, if applicable
1. Demonstrated knowledge and successful experience in the sport to be coached.
2. Excellent interpersonal skills and high expectations for teamwork, exemplary behavior, and responsibility.
3. Ability to mentor and lead young people by example.
4. Experience and/or demonstrated success in supervising young adults and managing programs.
5. Commitment to district’s mission and Strategic Plan.
1. Direct total program including practice sessions, clinics, youth programs, and games/meets.
2. Complete a pre-season and post-season checklist with the Athletic Director.
3. Secure from all participants prior to the start of the pre-season the following: proof of insurance, proof of physical and parental permission forms. (Insurance/permission forms are to be filed in the coach’s notebook. Signed physical forms are to filed in the Nurse’s office.)
4. Submit to the Athletic Director and to the players copies of any specific rules and regulations governing this specific sport before the start of the season. Criteria for earning awards must be included as part of these regulations.
5. Submit, prior to start of the season, a team roster including participant names, grade, height, weight, position, uniform number, managers and captains.
6. Complete all forms for student eligibility. Mail forms to the Vermont Headmasters’ Association and provide copies to the Principal, Athletic Director, and coaches.
7. Work directly with JV coaches and/or assistants in order to promote progressive learning of athletic techniques, fundamentals and systems of play; attend all staff meetings called by the Athletic Director.
8. Design a checklist for team managers, citing specific duties for practices, games, and home/away trips.
9. Assign lockers and keep a lock/locker inventory.
10. Ensure that all players are properly and safely equipped for their sport.
11. Properly store of all equipment, uniforms, and supplies pertaining to the sport.
12. Refer all scheduling requests to the Athletic Director; communicate regarding any games, matches, or meets that are postponed or changed.
13. Submit end of season results: records, award winners, and game-by-game scores to the Athletic Director.
14. Complete and mail the post-season Vermont Headmasters’ form for any tournament participation.
15. Submit to the Athletic Director an annual written self-evaluation of performance citing both strengths and goals for the future.
Position Type: After school/Evening
Positions Available: 1