Momentum Northwest, a non-profit organization founded in 2014 to promote youth cross-country skiing in the greater Seattle area, has an opening for a Program Director/Head Coach. This is a year-round position with April and May off from training.
The Program Director/Head Coach is responsible for oversight and management of the junior Nordic ski training and race program for junior skiers aged 6-18. The Program Director/Head Coach is answerable to the Momentum Northwest Board of Directors.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Promote Momentum Northwest’s vision to create a national-caliber cross-country ski program in Seattle.
- Develop and conduct appropriate training and racing activities throughout the year for U12 skiers (Mavericks), U14 skiers (Devo group), U18 skiers (comp group).
- Build and sustain enrollment in the program by recruiting new athletes, including those from crossover sports, such as kayaking, mountain biking, cross country running, soccer and/or other sports and activities, and retaining athletes within the program.
- Hire, train and supervise assistant and volunteer coaches.
- Manage and oversee logistics and infrastructure, including organization of trips and race registration; ski equipment and transportation.
- Maintain effective communication with parents, athletes, and board members.
- Manage the annual budget for the program.
- Manage web site content so that it is accurate and up to date
- Develop an active coaching presence in regional and national ski associations.
- Seek professional growth opportunities to stay abreast of best practices in junior Nordic racing.
- Provide help in development and fundraising activities.
Compensation for this job will be based on expertise and previous experience in management and coaching of Nordic sports.
To apply: Mail or email a cover letter and resume to: Coert@ExtraBlue.net