The Athletics Department at the University of Colorado (CU) Boulder is now welcoming applications for an Assistant Nordic Ski Coach. The purpose of this position is to assist in the day to day operations of the ski program and Nordic ski team. This position works closely with the head Nordic coach to organize both in season and out of season training and assists with the training and development of current student-athletes. Contributes to the continuous evaluation of the current team members as well as incoming recruits. Assists in the management and administration of all phases of the ski program and team, including recruiting.
This position is responsible for promoting the philosophy and objectives of the intercollegiate athletics program. This shall include adhering to the principles of the Athletic Department’s Mission Statement, Diversity and Inclusion Mission Statement, Core Values, Policies and Procedures, as well as the rules and regulations of the University, the Pac 12 Conference and the NCAA.
Who We Are
As one of 34 U.S. public research institutions belonging to the prestigious Association of American Universities (AAU)—and the only member in the Rocky Mountain region—our goal at CU Boulder is to directly affect Colorado communities through collaborative research, innovation and entrepreneurship. Our faculty, staff and students work with the broader community to establish unique connections that have lasting outcomes—both across Colorado and around the world.
- Assist Head Nordic Ski Coach in teaching, instructing, and coaching student-athletes in practice and competition settings, to include training preparation and execution with student-athletes, on-site waxing of skis, and analysis (video and otherwise) of student-athletes’ techniques.
- Participate in the creation and promotion of a world-class and holistic student-athlete experience.
- Identify, evaluate, and secure prospective student-athletes in the recruiting process.
- Develop recruiting materials.
- Assist in planning of unofficial and official recruiting visits.
- Track selection and inventory of equipment for Nordic student-athletes as well as maintain the equipment.
- Assist with administrative work in the Ski Office, including compliance and University paperwork and documentation.
- Maintain a positive, collaborative working relationship with the various support staff members working with the ski program.
- Special Events and Community Service:
- Assist with all special events and functions related to the Ski program including alumni events, fundraising events and community service.
- Adhere to the core values stated in the Athletic Department’s strategic plan. Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of NCAA, Pac-12 Conference, RMISA Conference, University, and departmental rules and regulations.
The anticipated starting salary for this position is $40,000.00-$45,000.00
Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three years of Nordic ski racing or Nordic ski coaching experience.
What You Will Need
- Good communication skills and the ability to work under stress.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Knowledge of NCAA rules.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Review of applications begins immediately. Materials must be submitted via the link below: