Maternity insurance is relatively new in India and has been picking up pace in the last few years, primarily due to the rising costs associated with maternity-related hospitalizations. Delivering a baby is one of the finest moments in life; however, the costs can quickly run into lakhs. Therefore, having a solid maternity insurance policy is crucial to ensuring the care possible for would-be mothers and new-borns.
These days it’s relatively simple to buy maternity insurance policy as you can easily compare various plans by running a quick search online to choose what’s best for you. Moreover, since these types of policies cover almost all the aspects of pregnancy-related hospitalization costs, they let you spend more time with your family. At the same time, the maternity insurance policy takes care of all the costs, including room rent, nursing, surgeon and anaesthetic fees, medicines, etc.
There are a few simple steps that you can follow to get a maternity insurance policy that’s best for you.
- Choose a plan that offers financial protection for costs incurred on a variety of medical expenses than one that covers hospitalization expenses alone.
- Make a thorough comparison of various plans before settling for a plan. Ensure you take advantage of discounts on premium, if any, or go for a multi-year policy that will help you save more.
- Compare the list of cashless network hospitals to decide which plan suits you best.
- Always go through the policy document in detail to figure out what’s included and what’s not. Also, make sure that you read the document carefully for any co-payment, deductibles, and waiting period requirements.
- Select a plan that offers maximum coverage and benefits rather than one with the lowest premium. This will save you a lot of headaches in the long run.
- A plan that includes coverage for the new-born, new-age treatments, and daycare procedures should be your go-to plan if you are looking for a comprehensive maternity insurance policy.
- Find out the procedure to file a maternity insurance claim for your chosen policy, so you need not face any hassles or delays.
- Always choose a plan that offers an easy procedure to file a claim and a good acceptance history to prevent any last-minute hassles.
A study suggests that high maternity-related health care, delivery, and post-natal care services and expenditure are often considered an important barrier in healthcare utilization during pregnancy and childbirth. And with thirty-six per cent of Indians having health coverage that includes only hospitalization costs. Therefore, it becomes all the more important to opt for a maternity insurance policy that gives you access to the best hospitals, new-age procedures, and post-natal care without having to dig into your savings.
The cost of healthcare has risen steadily over the years, and access to quality care without proper insurance in place isn’t always possible without wiping out your savings. Therefore, it pays to plan in advance and always opt for a fool proof plan that takes care of all maternity-related expenses since it’s an inevitable expense for anyone planning to have a child.
Care Health Insurance’s maternity plans are one of the best for offering comprehensive care for expecting mothers and new-borns. The policy has several features that take care of everything from normal delivery to caesarean and includes all pregnancy-related costs. In addition, the plan offers 30 days of pre-and 60 days of post-hospitalization coverage with up to 90 days of coverage for the new-born.
Access to proper healthcare is a basic right of every individual. Having a health insurance coverage that covers maternity-related expenditures is a safeguard to ensure that your family’s future is protected and that they get proper care when they need it the most.