Response needed by August 15, 2020
TITLE: GMNC OPERATIONS MANAGER
The GMNC Operations manager leads the team that provides world class groomed Nordic ski trails for thousands of skiers in Western Colorado. This is a unique and demanding year-round position, that requires excellent grooming, communication, and management skills along with some mechanical skills.
EMPLOYER: Grand Mesa Nordic Council, a 501c3 non-profit organization.
REPORTS TO: GMNC President or other assigned board member.
This is a part time, seasonal position.
START DATE: September 1, 2020
PAY RANGE: $20 to $25 per hour depending on experience. Estimated gross annual income $12,000 to $15,000.
-Estimated hours during operating season Nov – Mar (including grooming): 80-100 hrs/mo
-Estimated hours Apr – Jul: 10-15 hrs/mo
-Estimated hours for trail work/signage/season prep Aug – Oct: 20 hrs/mo
JOB SKILLS AND AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
TRAIL GROOMING – great trails define the GMNC!
- able to groom with Pistenbully 400 and snowmobiles
- able to work variable, flexible hours mainly overnight or in the early morning hours
- able to work in a harsh winter wilderness environment
- able to work winter holidays
COMMUNICATIONS – great communication makes it all happen!
- produce near-daily grooming reports on the gmnc.org website and on social media
- coordinate with Board to implement their grooming plan while working within budget constraints
- coordinate with, and guide, 2 to 4 other groomers
- coordinate with skier groups for outings, lessons, races, and other events
- coordinate volunteer activities for trail maintenance and warming hut work
- produce monthly payroll reports for grooming staff
- produce monthly board reports
- maintain equipment logs and inventory
PERSONNEL & VOLUNTEER MANAGEMENT
- supervisory skills
- recruiting and training groomers
- employment paperwork, timesheets etc.
- organize and manage volunteer crews for trail work and other volunteer activities
OTHER IMPORTANT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- understanding of Nordic trail grooming & operations
- ability to work in a team environment
- excellent written and oral communication skills
- proficient with Excel spreadsheet, Facebook, WordPress software
- mechanical skills
CARE AND MAINTENANCE OF GMNC EQUIPMENT AND ASSETS
- keep the grooming equipment in high working order
- trail signs, trailhead signs and donation boxes
- trail maintenance tools – UTV, brush cutters, chainsaws, etc.
- fuel storage cube
- warming hut
- storage container
- transport and reposition equipment during season
- snowmobiles and their grooming attachments on site Oct 15
- Pistenbully on site Dec 15
- transport equipment to dealership for extensive repair, and to off-season storage
Please submit your resume, work experience, and references to email@example.com Call Board President Joe Ramey at 970-241-6581 with any questions or comments.
The Employment Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Colorado.
By accepting employment, Employee agrees not to disclose any confidential information regarding this organization, any persons employed by this company, or information regarding our clients learned in the course of employment to anyone outside of this organization during and after your term of employment.
This employment is an at-will employment that may be terminated without cause and without advance notice. Only the GMNC Board of Directors has the authority to modify the terms of your employment.
The Employee wage will be based on knowledge and experience except for increases in salary provided at the discretion of the Employer, the terms of this agreement remain in effect until amended in writing and signed by the Employer.