Castleton University is seeking a head men’s and women’s Nordic ski coach for its USCSA Nordic Ski programs. Both programs are perennial National Championship contenders, with the men’s program claiming back-to-back USCSA National Championships in 2019 and 2020, while the women won the USCSA National Championship in 2020 as well.
Since the creation of the programs in 2015, Castleton skiers have earned 35 All-America accolades, comprised of 18 from the women’s side and 17 from the men’s side. Three Spartan racers have won individual national titles as well, adding to the overwhelming success of the programs in such a short time.
ABOUT CASTLETON UNIVERSITY:
Founded in 1787, Castleton is an academic community that values personal interaction with students and among colleagues. Your work will be appreciated here. You can help us make a difference in the lives of our students, and for the benefit of Vermont.
Job Description: Part-Time Position
To coach the varsity sport of Men’s and Women’s Nordic Skiing at the University under the guidelines established by the NCAA and USCSA.
- Oversee all aspects of both the men’s and women’s Nordic Ski team
- Participate in any USCSA organization meetings
- Schedule all competitions in the USCSA and other events.
Bachelor’s degree in sports administration, recreation, physical education, or other appropriate discipline, plus two to four years relevant experience in recreation/athletics/coaching, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
- Strong and varied technical skills and interest in recreational activities.
- Coaching experience.
- Ability to deal effectively with a wide range of University students and personnel, as well as media contacts, facilities users and others outside the University.
- Weekend and evening work is required.
- University Fleet License is required.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Candidates must be willing to submit to a criminal background check. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the satisfactory results of this check.
Castleton University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Applicants needing special accommodations should contact Human Resources.
All required documents must be submitted via the online process at castleton.edu/staff-jobs. We regret we are unable to accept applications or documents submitted via mail, email or fax.