The Alpine Insurance Alberta World Cup Academy (AIAWCA) is growing and has a current opening for a High Performance Coach for the 2021/22 training year.
As a designated National Team Development Centre, the Academy is part of Nordiq Canada’s national network of training centres. This full-time position will be part of the team assisting a talented and dynamic group of athletes that includes members of the Canadian National Ski Team and Next Gen athletes. The primary role of the coach will be to support our U20, U23 and senior level athletes in our Canmore, Alberta daily training environment. Experience in the technical, tactical and physiological aspects of the sport are essential. The role will also include supporting our Calgary, Alberta daily training environment and biathlon program.
The position will run from June 1st 2021 until March 31st, 2022, and will report directly to the High Performance Program Director. Continued employment beyond the contract end date can be explored in accordance with AIAWCA program strategic planning.
Located in Canmore, Alberta, the High Performance Coach is expected to:
- Have a level of experience and expertise commensurate with the level of athlete training at the AIAWCA;
- Have a Competition Coaching Development level 4 (NCCP), but applications from coaches with a Level 3 designation will also be considered. International coaches with a similar level of experience will be considered at the same level;
- Have superior expertise in all relevant technical aspects of our sport; technical, tactical, training plan development, etc;
- Have an Alberta Class 4 driver’s license or international equivalent (or ability to obtain such in the first month on the job);
- Have experience planning and following-up with athletes at the international level;
- Have experience in biathlon (will be considered an asset).
Expected start date is June 1st, 2021. All interested applicants are requested to send their resume
to: Chris Jeffries, High Performance Director
Email : email@example.com
Deadline for application is April 25, 2021
100 – 1995 Olympic Way, Canmore Alberta T1W 2T6