The Mt Bachelor Sports Education Foundation, located in Bend, Oregon is currently looking to hire a Nordic Program Director to lead, motivate, educate and provide direction to athletes, staff and parents of the Nordic program.
Job Qualification: 4-year college degree in a sport or related field. USSS Professional licensed coach. 5-10 years national coaching experience.
Salary & Benefits:
Salary depends on experience approximately $50-58K. Health, Dental and Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, eligible for Performance Bonus when budget allows.
Reports to: Executive Director
- Works to support the vision, mission, and values of MBSEF.
- Supervises and manages the Nordic program. Approximately 130 athletes and 10 paid/volunteer staff.
- Communicates with both athletes and parents in a timely and organized manner.
- Works to maintain a group of approximately 30 Winter Term and Full Time Nordic racers.
- Supervises the development of Elementary and Middle School athletes.
- Develops the training and competition plan for the Nordic athletes.
- Evaluates athlete progress and adjusts individual plans.
- Hires seasonal coaching staff.
- Conducts and/or organizes coach’s education for entire Nordic staff.
- Actively participates on the Nordic Advisory Committee comprised of members of the Central Oregon Nordic Community.
- Prepares schedules for athletes and coaching staff.
- Designs and executes year-long physical conditioning program.
- Travels with selected MBSEF teams.
- Organizes and attends camps and offseason programs.
- Creates and communicates trip plans and trip budgets.
- Represents MBSEF at the PNSA and USSS level as a coach/committee member.
- Attend bimonthly MBSEF board meetings to present the Nordic Program’s Wins and Challenges.
- Works with ED to prepare and monitor Nordic budget.
- Works with Controller on payroll and expense reimbursements.
- Acts as race director for selected MBSEF Nordic races.
- Assists with all MBSEF fundraising events.
- Assists with all MBSEF Nordic race events.
- Upholds and represents the high standards of the USSS SafeSport program to maintain the integrity of MBSEF Nordic program.
- Ensure that all Nordic employees and volunteers are current and are following USSS SafeSport guidelines.
- Assists athletes with Equipment selection.
- Work closely with Mt. Bachelor/Nordic Center staff.
- Full time
- Winter term
- Middle School
Reporting to the Nordic Program Director:
- Assistant Coaches (usually around 5-8)
- Middle School Head Coach
- Development Head Coach
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume, to John Schiemer (firstname.lastname@example.org). You can also get in touch by phone (541-388-0002). Applications will be accepted until May 1, 2021.