The Bogus Basin Nordic Team (BBNT) in Boise, ID is seeking a full-time Head Coach and Director of Programs. This individual would reflect the top position within the Nordic Team structure. This person is responsible for the oversight, management, and progress of the program toward established goals and objectives.
The BBNT is a non-profit ski team for athletes of all ages and abilities in Boise, ID. It is part of the Intermountain Division, and is a year-round, competitive cross-country ski program focused on helping its members achieve their athletic goals. These goals range from healthy after school exercise, to building friendships, to athletic success at an international level. The program, now in its 33rd year, aims to create lifetime athletes and foster opportunities for all potential skiers within the Boise Nordic community.
The Bogus Basin Nordic Team is comprised of all age groups and abilities, totaling over 160 athletes:
- Youth Rec: Elementary-aged skiers (3rd-6th grade) learning to Nordic ski, improving their skills, or simply staying active through the winter.
- Devo: The “Development” program is offered to athletes of all abilities in 6th through 12th grade.
- Comp: High school skiers who have a wide range of abilities, goals, and aspirations.
- Biathlon: Typically comprised of 3-12 athletes. BBNT has a long history of competitive biathletes.
- Adult: The Adult team is our newest program (2019 season) and offers a wide range of athletic and fitness goals.
Essential Duties, but not limited to:
- Report to Executive Director and Board of Directors to maintain BBNT mission and execution of all programs.
- Responsible for all team members with emphasis on Comp level athletes; work with head Devo and Youth Rec coaches to oversee training for all age groups.
- Foster a lifelong love for the sport of Nordic skiing by creating a positive environment for all skiers.
- Cultivate an inclusive, cohesive relationship amongst athletes and coaches.
- Conduct, manage, and/or facilitate dry-land training sessions, training camps, summer programs, and winter ski training sessions.
- Develop and manage weekly, monthly, and annual training schedules and plans for all BBNT athletes.
- Report to the BBNT Board of Directors at monthly board meetings.
- Participate in the budgeting process with the Board; provide timely and accurate accounting of team-related expenses, and adhere to approved budget.
- Responsible for internal and external marketing communications (to the press, website, team blog).
- Responsible for assisting in website and social media updates.
- Communicate clearly and punctually with team members and their parents, including weekly emails regarding training location, schedule, and priorities for each age group.
- Oversee waxing equipment, ski team equipment and team rental gear.
- Assist with BBNT fundraising and outreach events.
- Responsible for the coordination of all aspects of JNQ, and other race weekends including race entries, waxing, coaches, athlete management, transportation.
- Attend Junior Nationals / U.S. Nationals as part of BBNT staff.
- Responsible for supervision, leadership, training, and employment status of the coaching staff.
- Maintain BBNT status as an official Para Nordic Club and provide collaboration to our adaptive partners in the valley.
- Maintain Biathlon programming including USBA membership, coaches, volunteers and equipment.
- Competitive race experience with extensive knowledge of classic and skate technique
- 3 or more years of coaching experience preferred
- Driver’s license – clean record; experience towing a trailer helpful
- CPR/First Aid certification
- Minimum Level 100 USSA Cross Country Certification
- Starting salary: $ 40,000. Compensation DOE
- The preferred candidate will begin in July-August of 2022 to facilitate fall programs / training and plan for winter.
Email resume, cover letter, and contact information for two professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org, attention: Mike Wendel
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Prior to a final offer, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background check including, but not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, SafeSport certification and criminal background check.
BBNT offers equal treatment to all applicants. BBNT prohibits discrimination, directly or indirectly, on the basis of race, gender, color, national origin, religion, marital status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Application Opens: May 1, 2022
Application Closes: June 1, 2022
Preferred Start Date: August 1, 2022