Delivering memorable experiences, enhancing people’s lives, and having fun while doing it. This shared mission of POWDR and Mt. Bachelor creates a fun and inspiring culture that we live every day. Our vision drives us to deliver exceptional guest experiences at all touch points, requiring our employees to be natural communicators, problem solvers, and have a passion for sharing mountain culture – all while having a positive attitude to support best day experiences. Mt. Bachelor strives to deliver Central Oregon’s most memorable outdoor adventures to locals and out-of-town visitors on a year-round basis. Mt. Bachelor’s 365 days of fun includes 4,323 acres of lift-accessible terrain for skiing and snowboarding, the Woodward Mountain Park experience, a world class Nordic Center, summer and fall Downhill Mountain Bike Park, Sun Country Tours whitewater rafting, Sunset Dinners, lift-served Sightseeing, and the Northwest’s highest Zipline.
The Nordic Supervisor position is to ensure an outstanding guest experience to all Nordic guests through daily leadership and oversight of all departmental personnel in accordance with company and departmental policies.
The position requires a strong interest and proficiency in Nordic skiing; a basic understanding of Nordic grooming; and a complete knowledge of all facility services and operations.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Perform opening and closing duties of daily business and facilities.
- Ensure efficient and accurate performance of all ticket, cashier, and office functions.
- Perform daily inspections and oversight of rental equipment repairs and maintenance.
- Monitor food preparation and service.
- Maintain safety and cleanliness of Lodge facility, contacting Lodge Services and Building Maintenance when required.
- Handle and coordinate all incidents, contacting emergency personnel when required.
- Provide gracious and effective handling of all guest and employee concerns and problems.
- Communicate regularly with Nordic Manager regarding safety issues, operational needs, staffing and personnel issues.
- Maintain communication with Nordic Cat grooming team for daily conditions updates, as required.
- Build grooming and trail knowledge to participate in operations planning.
- Communicate daily task list to Trail Steward, assisting in trail projects, as required.
- Ensure accurate pricing, security, and merchandising of retail inventory for daily service.
- Participate in annual soft goods buy.
- Conduct advanced product training.
- Assist with purchasing orders and receiving merchandise.
- Coordinate program sales (online, phone, and in-person), scheduling, and additional services.
- Perform daily assignments, update daily Instructor schedules.
- Participate in, or lead ongoing Instructor training, based on experience.
Specific Job Skills:
License/Certifications– OLCC and OR Food Handler’s cards required. PSIA level 1+ preferred.
Technical– Nordic Track skiing proficiency in all disciplines. Able to ski all trails in network. Competent and efficient computer skills, cash handling, use of waxing irons, scrapers, drills, hand tools, shovels, axe, splitting maul, ice chipper.
Physical Capabilities– Able to stand for long periods of time. Reach lift and perform outdoor chores in inclement weather. Able to Nordic ski at an advanced level.
Minimum education required– None, ability to follow and give directions.
Minimum time in related position– 1 year in a guest service-related position, managerial/supervisor experience preferred.
Pay rate: $22/hr (non-exempt, full-time seasonal position)
Please be aware incomplete applications will not be accepted or reviewed. Mt. Bachelor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.