Delivering memorable experiences, enhancing people’s lives, and having fun while doing it. This shared mission of POWDR and Mt. Bachelor creates a fun and inspiring culture that we live every day. Our vision drives us to deliver exceptional guest experiences at all touch points, requiring our employees to be natural communicators, problem solvers, and have a passion for sharing mountain culture – all while having a positive attitude to support best day experiences. Mt. Bachelor strives to deliver Central Oregon’s most memorable outdoor adventures to locals and out-of-town visitors on a year-round basis. Mt. Bachelor’s 365 days of fun includes 4,323 acres of lift-accessible terrain for skiing and snowboarding, the Woodward Mountain Park experience, a world class Nordic Center, summer and fall Downhill Mountain Bike Park, Sun Country Tours whitewater rafting, Sunset Dinners, lift-served Sightseeing, and the Northwest’s highest Zipline.
The Nordic Manager ensures an outstanding guest experience for all Nordic guests through daily leadership and systematic planning, monitoring, and responding to industry and resort trends in all operational outlets. The Nordic Manager oversees all services and operations in the Nordic Center and on the Nordic trails.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Stay abreast of trends, best practices, and revenue growth opportunities within the Nordic community at a national level.
- Develop and maintain sustainable Nordic programming to support future growth and craft opportunities.
- Hire, train, and foster development and growth opportunities for all staff within the Nordic Center.
- Maintain lodge facility and surrounding area, including trail signage.
- Set up, schedule, promote, and coordinate various lesson offerings, camps, and races.
- Prepare and post daily conditions report.
- Oversee operations of the Nordic Cafe and Nordic Retail/Rental center to ensure cleanliness, maintain appropriate inventory and set up, and provide excellent guest service.
- Communicate and coordinate with Purchasing, Patrol, F&B, Parking and Transportation, Security, Facilities Maintenance, Vehicle Maintenance and Grooming, and other relevant Mt Bachelor departments as necessary.
*Complete job description available at interview.
Specific Job Skills:
License/Certifications– OLCC and OR Food Handler’s cards required. PSIA level 1+ preferred. Current and valid Driver’s License.
Technical– Nordic Track skiing proficiency in all disciplines. Able to comfortably ski all trails in network and understand basic snow science. Working knowledge of track ski maintenance and Nordic classic and skate ski teaching programs.
Physical Capabilities– Able to lift 50 pounds. This position involves shoveling snow, moving signs, and the use of a snowmobile.
Additional- Working knowledge of computer use, including Microsoft Office. Ability to learn Human Resources Information Systems, FoodTrak, RTP, Coupa, and other related to the job functions. Retail and/or Food & Beverage experience a plus.
Minimum education required- None.
Minimum time in related position- 1 year of managerial experience in Nordic Services and Operations preferred,
Pay rate: $55,000/year (exempt, year-round salaried position)
Please be aware incomplete applications will not be accepted or reviewed. Mt. Bachelor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.