NYSEF seeks a well-rounded, experienced coach who understands nordic sport from both an athlete and program management perspective to add to our talented coaching team and fill the position of Head Ski Jumping / Nordic Combined Coach.
This coach needs to understand the physical, technical and mental demands required for success in ski jumping and nordic combined. It is critical that this coach understands the development needs for high performing athletes from the development ages through national team levels.
This coach will work directly with NYSEF athletes at all levels and contribute to the overall development of the NYSEF nordic program – which oversees athletes from U10 to Post-Graduate and beyond and trains primarily at the Olympic Jumping Complex in Lake Placid, NY.
The ideal candidate will be able to connect with each athlete and bring together all athletes and their families to create a positive team culture that inspires each athlete to make their dreams a reality. The candidate will contribute to create a healthy environment by working closely with all coaches, staff members, parents and supporters within the greater NYSEF community.
The New York Ski Educational Foundation (NYSEF) is one of the leading snowsport programs in the United States. Founded in 1973, the organization has evolved from a dream to offering athletes of all ages a centralized training program providing a multi-discipline operation that supports athletes in alpine, biathlon, cross country, freestyle skiing, nordic combined, ski jumping and snowboarding. NYSEF has developed athletes at the national and Olympic level across many winter sports including: alpine, freestyle, skiercross, ski jumping, cross-country, biathlon and nordic combined since its inception.
NYSEF also has a partnership with Northwood School, a coeducational, independent boarding school in Lake Placid, New York. It is the mission of the NYSEF to provide opportunities for athletes of all ages to reach their potential in snowsports- alpine, freestyle skiing, snowboarding, ski jumping, cross country skiing, nordic combined and biathlon through professional guidance and financial support.
- In this full-time year-round position, the Head Ski Jumping and Nordic Combined Coach will manage all preparation and competition programming for NYSEF athletes including on-hill preparation and strength / conditioning programs.
- In this role, the Head Ski Jumping / Nordic Combined Coach will deliver a competitive program and work with other nordic coaching staff to support athletes in the biathlon, cross country and nordic combined programs.
- The Head Ski Jumping / Nordic Combined will oversee assistant coaches, manage equipment procurement, inventory and maintenance, and work closely and cooperatively with venue management at the Olympic Jumping Complex.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Preparation and competition season planning and execution of training camps, competitions and travel
- Supporting athlete development on and off the snow
- Coordination of program logistics including overseeing project revenues and expenses
- Clear communication strategy with all stakeholders
- Ongoing equipment guidance and support
- Planning, coordination and support of junior events at the Olympic Jumping Complex
- Experience working with similar programs at the regional and national levels and/or international levels
- Experience with governing bodies including US Ski and Snowboard, USA Nordic Sport and the FIS
- Deep understanding of and expertise in the personalization of nordic equipment
- Extensive knowledge of competition venues
- Knowledge of regulations and protocols
- Excellent organizational and logistical skills
- Strong leadership and communication skills
The position will report to the Executive Director and will work in collaboration with all venue managers, staff, the board of directors and local community partners. This position is located at the Olympic Jumping Complex in Lake Placid, N.Y. Interested candidates should send a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The New York Ski Educational Foundation (NYSEF) is a non-profit organization offering competitive snow sport programs to athletes of all ages to reach their potential in snow sports through professional guidance and financial support.