Continuing with our series on pointless knowledge about professional North American racers, we bring you some insight on Noah Hoffman, who posted the fastest 15 k freestyle pursuit time on the opening World Cup in Kuusamo, Finland. Das Hoff.
Athlete: Noah Hoffman
Team: U.S. Ski Team (sixth season); Ski & Snowboard Club Vail/Team HomeGrown
Hometown: Aspen, Colo.
- I can’t stand olives.
- I want to live in a big city, maybe Manhattan. I want to live somewhere that I don’t have to own a car.
- I love taking public transit.
- I have unusually large hands.
- My pinkie finger on my right hand has an extra crease so it looks like I have an extra knuckle.
- I have extremely wide and flat feet. Duck feet.
- I eat raw meat and raw eggs.
- What do you miss most while on the road (besides family and friends)? Good Mexican food, free water and fast internet.
- Best part about being a pro athlete: Meeting lots of motivated and successful people.
- 3 travel essentials: Computer, hot sauce, book
- Go-to travel meal or food: In the U.S.: Burrito or sandwich. In Europe: Whatever has the most calories for the least amount of money
- Song that you could listen to non-stop: “Old Man” by Neil Young
- Song you wouldn’t mind never hearing again: ”What Does the Fox Say”