Do you have experience in communications, marketing, and working in a nonprofit environment?
Are you passionate about helping develop Nordic skiing as a sport all across Alaska?
Nordic Journeys is looking for a communications and marketing coordinator tasked with maintaining a consistent and professional look and feel for our organization’s public communications and marketing tools. You must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, be willing to work collaboratively to complete projects, and have expertise using social media platforms and other communications software tools.
Supports the staff team in administration and implementation of programs through:
- Database management
- Volunteer base communications
- Events communications and marketing
- Post-event communications and marketing
- NANANordic and Skiku village ski program communications and marketing
- Website and social media
- Fundraising support and sponsor recognition
- Public relations
Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities:
- Marketing and Communications background
- Program and event planning experience
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Design skills and training are an asset
- Media relations skills are an asset
- Requires the ability to use and manage databases on a variety of software and web-based applications
- Willing to work in a flexible, task-oriented environment
- Strong organizational, teamwork, and time-management skills
- Passionate about cross country skiing or other healthy outdoor activities
- Understanding of the rural communities in which we operate programs is an asset
Hours and Pay:
This is an hourly part-time position with approximately 10-20 hours per week of work during the summer (June-January) and 30 or more hours per week during the main program implementation months (February-May). Pay is hourly, rate DOE.
Please submit a current resume and a letter of interest to the Nordic Journeys Executive Director, Robin Kornfield: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Nordic Journeys office is located:
5401 Cordova Street, Suite 303
Anchorage, AK 99518
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Candidates for hire will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
About Nordic Journeys:
Nordic Journeys, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, operates programs that encourage healthy lifestyles all across Alaska through Nordic skiing, biathlon, and running programs. Nordic Journeys’ mission is to foster the health and recreational benefits of skiing and biathlon through sustainable programs across Alaska. We envision healthy and active families enjoying Alaska’s vast and beautiful landscape on skis.
Our Skiku, NANANordic, and Skikubiathlon programs have been improving the health, fitness, and wellness of Alaska’s youth by introducing and sustaining skiing, biathlon, and running as healthy physical activities, reaching more than 6000 kids in 40 communities throughout Alaska. We work in statewide partnerships with school districts, corporate and community organizations, and volunteer coaches from the broader ski community.