Editor’s Note: The Craftsbury Outdoor Center was recently sold and reorganized as a 501c3 non-profit. For more information on the reorganization and the revitalized vision of the Center, read the article here. Given the training resources of the Center and surrounding area, the expertise of Head Coach Pepa Miloucheva, and the athlete support, this program has the potential to be one of the top post-collegiate training opportunities for elite skiers in the country.
NENSA and the Craftsbury Outdoor Center are excited to announce their collaboration in developing a new opportunity designed for post-collegiate skiers with national and international aspirations. Athletes will make a year-round full-time commitment for a period of at least one year. This will be a “green” racing team with a mission of sustainability; there will be both the opportunity and expectation for athletes to contribute to the project in a meaningful way.
Start date: May/June 2009
The program will offer the following:
– Coaching support: Pepa Miloucheva, Head Coach
– Individualized personal training based on athlete’s needs and ability level
– Free physiological testing
– Part time employment at Craftsbury/partnering with nearby employers
– Meals provided by Craftsbury Outdoor Center (9 months/yr, when dining room is open)
– Travel funding: level determined based on athlete needs and performance
– Race support in conjunction with NENSA at designated races
– Housing: provided by Craftsbury Outdoor Center
– Sponsorship potential (wax, skis, rollerskis, etc) along with flexibility with existing sponsors
– Health insurance/access to mini med program: TBD
– Great location in the Stowe/Craftsbury ski community, with easy access to Hardwick, Stowe, Burlington, Montpelier for culture/arts/shopping.
– Training camps and interaction with other New England Elite Programs
– Free Eastern Cup Entries
Selection will be based on both performance criteria and an application process.
For more info contact: firstname.lastname@example.org